In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. These words set the scene for the greatest story ever told. Are you ready to learn about where you came from? We will be looking at Heaven, Earth, Angels, Satan, the first man, the creation of woman, the Leviathan, where human souls are stored in Jewish tradition, the difference between the ‘first Adam’ and the ‘second Adam’.
In this week’s Torah portion we are looking at Genesis 1:1-6:8
We will be exploring:
- The Presence of the Messiah at the creation.
- The Sabbath and what it means for the future.
- Adam’s sin and his repentance in the Living waters.
- Why did he and Eve notice that they were naked?
- Why did God say “Where are you?”
- The arrival of Cain and Abel – learn their Hebrew names.
- Did they really have twin sisters?
- Do you know where Adam is buried?
- And in all of this, we will be looking to the Messiah Jesus and how He is at the centre of all that is happening.
- Torah (NKJV) – Genesis 1:1 – 6:8
- Torah (with Rashi) – Genesis 1:1-6:8
- Torah (with Hebrew and Strongs)
- Haftarah (NKJV) – Isaiah 42:1–16
- Haftarah (with Rashi) – Isaiah 42:1–16
- New Testament (NJKV) – Luke 17:20-27
- New Testament (With Greek) – Luke 17:20-27
- Portion Overview
- First Fruits of Zion
- Sefaria Portion
- Targum Jonathan (1st Century)
- Midrash Rabbah
- Midrash Tanchuma – 500-800CE
- Rabbi Commentary