And he called
Listen To The Scripture Portion
In this week’s Torah portion we are looking at Leviticus 1:1–5:26
God calls to Moses from the Tent of Meeting, and communicates to him the laws of the korbanot, the animal and meal offerings brought in the Sanctuary. These include:
• The “ascending offering” (olah) that is wholly raised to G‑d by the fire atop the altar;
• Five varieties of “meal offering” (minchah) prepared with fine flour, olive oil and frankincense;
• The “peace offering” (shelamim), whose meat was eaten by the one bringing the offering, after parts are burned on the altar and parts are given to the kohanim (priests);
• The different types of “sin offering” (chatat) brought to atone for transgressions committed erroneously by the high priest, the entire community, the king or the ordinary Jew;
• The “guilt offering” (asham) brought by one who has misappropriated property of the Sanctuary, who is in doubt as to whether he transgressed a divine prohibition, or who has committed a “betrayal against God” by swearing falsely to defraud a fellow man.
Torah (with Rashi)
Torah (with Hebrew and Strongs)
Haftarah (with Rashi)
New Testament (NJKV)
New Testament (With Greek)
If you have songs to share please contact us.
by Anne-Françoise Ben-Or