Shoftim – Judges – שופטים
In this week’s Torah portion we are looking at Deuteronomy 16:18–21:9
- In this portion we we look at God’s important appointment of Judges which would serve the nation of Israel for many centuries.
- We’ll review the court system in ancient Israel.
- What is the Sanhedrin? We’ll discover it’s role along with smaller courts and the Beit din.
- Why did Israel want a king? Was it God’s will?
- Is it true that the King of Israel had to write out his own copy of the Torah? Will Messiah be required to do this?
- Discover what is the Torah of King Messiah?
- Hear the wonderful story of Solomon and the little yod.
- What is ‘The prophet like Moses’ – and why did the apostles say it was Jesus?
- Ever had a false prophecy? – We’ll review what the difference is between a false prophet and a real prophet. Where does Jesus fit in this criteria?
- Why do three refuge cities prove the coming of Messiah?
- Why is it bad to relocate your neighbour’s boundary stones?
- Why is being a false witness so devastating?
- Learn the rules of Biblical warfare in optional wars.
- And finally learn how the elders dealt with the mystery of an unsolved murder.
The Letter Yod
Boundary Stone in Israel