Genesis 12:2 I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing.
Blessed is not to be confused with the word happy which comes from a Norse word ‘hap’ which means ‘luck’.
Blessed is being within the borders of the very life force and life source of God.
To be blessed means to be INSIDE the borders of His tent. Not outside.
To be blessed means to come under the protection and provision of the Creator of the Universe.
Blessed. Not just happy.
It is happiness without the fault lines of luck running through it.
It is joy. It is peace. It is health of mind and body. It is walking together with the Lord in the Kingdom of God.
Deuteronomy 28:1-14 helps to describe the blessing of God to the nation of Israel. There God tells the nation of Israel that if they obey Him and follow Him (I will paraphrase) –
“Your children will be blessed, the things you produce, your ideas, your dreams, your inventions, your crops and herds and your business deals will be blessed.
- Your waiting room will be full, your bookings and data bases will be full, your client list will be full.
- Your cupboards and fridge will be full.
- Whether you are coming in to your home at night, or heading out to work by day – everything you do will be blessed.
- Those that oppose you may seem to get a foothold, but the Lord will cause them to split and scatter.
- You will be special and set apart to God, and known by His Name. Others will look and be amazed.
- Your bank accounts, your stocks and shares and investments will increase.
- You will have plenty of goods – overflowing.
- Your family will grow up just knowing this blessing is normal.
- Things will just go right for you.
- Rain will happen in season.
- The right customer will come at the right time.
- You will walk into the store at just the right moment to get the sale price.
- You will be in the right place at the right time to have that amazing meeting with someone who is going to help change your circumstances.
- You’ll begin to expect it.
- You will be the leader not the follower, the lender and not the borrower.
- You will be well and not sick.
- You will not have barrenness but bountiful children.
This is God’s promise to Abram BLESSING.
Do you think that this is what has happened to Abram and His direct descendants?